The Asia Video Industry Association (AVIA) is set to host its annual OTT Summit from 30 – 31 March, as the video industry continues to go through massive evolution.
With the global OTT market valued at over US$100B in 2020 and expected to reach US$220B by 2026, more and more media and content companies are revolutionising their businesses and attempting to become players in the streaming arena. And with growth starting to slow down in North America and Europe, Asia Pacific is now an ever-increasing priority for the industry.
This year’s OTT Summit will look at the area of growth, the opportunities that abound, and the strategies to unlock it, as more international and local operators continue to launch services across the region. The discussions will explore three critical areas – Growth in Streaming, OTT Advertising and the role and development of the Technology that supports the OTT industry. There will also be a wrap up session with some of the industry’s leaders discussing their bold predictions for the future of streaming.
Other sessions at the OTT Summit 2022 include:
- Is Video Still the Driver or is it Time to Look Beyond?
- A Perfect Match – Sports and Streaming
- Maximising the Value of Premium Digital Video in Asia
- The Road to CTV Revenue and the Future of FAST
- Tech Leaders Top of Mind: What Keeps Them Awake at Night?
The Summit will be welcoming over 70 speakers from across the media industry in Asia Pacific for their insights on these key themes and more. Some of the industry luminaries who will be speaking at the conference are:
- Vignesh Narayanan, CEO, Airtel Ads
- Andy Patterson, Head of OTT, Astro
- Marty Roberts, VP of Media Analytics, Brightcove
- Sagar Pandit, Associate Director, Business Development APAC, Discovery, Inc.
- Akash Saxena, Head of Technology, Disney+ Hotstar India
- Sutanto Hartono, MD, EMTEK
- Shakunt Malhotra, MD Asia, Globecast
- Ian Monsod, CEO, Kroma Entertainment
- Gautier Demond, Director, Content Delivery Services, Lumen Asia Pacific
- Gaurav Pradhan, Director, Business Development – Emerging Asia, Netflix
- Catherine Park, SVP, Head of Office & Streaming for Asia, Paramount
- Scott Favelle, Technology Director, Product Solutions, Seven West Media
- Ranjana Mangla, SVP and Head of Ad Revenue, SonyLIV, Sony Pictures Networks India
- Ho Hock Doong, Head of Content, unifi TV, CEO, TM Net
- Marco Guida, Chief Business & Revenue Officer, True Digital Group
- Arianne Kader-Cu, Country Head, Viu Philippines
Following the OTT Summit, AVIA will be hosting Piracy Over the Top on 31 March, the companion event focused on streaming pirated services. The themes of this year’s event are the costs and risks of piracy, and the rise of piracy on social media. Piracy Over the Top will also include a session with PwC to discuss an upcoming study commissioned by CAP to measure the financial cost of piracy in Asia Pacific, as well as a demonstration by Dr Paul Watters on the inherent cyber risks involved to users when visiting illegal streaming sites. Other sessions will see technology vendors and CAP sports members discuss the issue of piracy on social media, what it is and what can be done about it.