Indonesian television channel, Daai TV, has implemented Etere HSM for the complete end-to-end archive management simultaneously using three different technologies in the same archive: LTO, Disk, and Cloud.
For the project’s initial phase, Etere HSM manages Daai TV’s archive system of more than 400 LTO4 tapes online.
Subsequently, Etere Disklibrary was set up in the second phase for fast retrievals, managing more than 1 PB of information.
Additionally, a third phase of archiving to the cloud was set up to store essential media information and enhance production, playout, and distribution efficiencies. Etere HSM effectively manages all archives in a seamlessly integrated environment that can be upgraded and scaled easily in the face of dynamic business needs.
Etere HSM provides a centralised dashboard for managing all archives in a single integrated environment. Etere HSM supports a mix of proprietary and industry file systems, including Linear Tape-Open (LTO) storage, Sony Optical Disc Archive (ODA) storage, Disk Archive, Object Storage, and Cloud Storage. The integrated and centralised dashboard provides all information for on-site archives across multiple geographic locations. The flexible characteristics of Etere HSM enable users to mix different archive technologies and manage them with a single software.
The project brings about faster retrieval capabilities, allowing Daai Tv to deliver content to market quickly. Etere HSM transforms the Daai TV system into a future-ready archive center for future challenges.
Key features of Etere HSM include:
- Supports LTO9 and previous LTO generations
- Supports a mix of proprietary and industry file systems, including Linear Tape-Open (LTO) storage, Sony Optical Disc Archive (ODA) storage, Disk Archive, Object Storage, and Cloud Storage
- Archive high and low-resolution copies as well as Master and TX copies
- Store all metadata along with the video for an enhanced protection
- Carry out the backup copy of the database
- Auto-update the library status of files to prevent last-minute issues
- Optimise space according to the cost and reduce expensive media
- User-friendly interface combined with the display of tape content, even for offline tapes
- Capable of producing multiple copies of the tapes, up to three copies that can be held in the library or off the shelf for increased security
- Archiving of all the video files and management of both high and low resolution with increased protection
- Long-term archive management; the tape library is used to significantly expand the system capacity to allow permanent storage of data
- MS Windows based and can interface with all library or tape drives that are MS Windows compatible
- A single view of a multi-library environment; it can manage different libraries located in different places as a single logical entity