iQIYI Inc. recently launched its latest flagship virtual reality (VR) headset, the QIYU 3, as the Company further strengthens its premium VR digital entertainment ecosystem. The launch event of the product, which was live-streamed to millions of fans via extended reality (XR) technology, showcased the revolutionary features of the QIYU 3 and unveiled a number of free games for the device.
As a flagship VR product, QIYU 3 represents major technical breakthroughs in several areas:
- The headset features a dual-screen solution that is designed specifically for VR. With two RGB sub-pixel arrangement-based Fast LCDs, the device has a resolution of 4320*2160, a true 4K+ level in native resolution. The refresh rate can still reach 90Hz with the support of two built-in display driver chips.
- The QIYU 3 is powered by Qualcomm Technologies’ Snapdragon XR2, a platform designed exclusively for VR/AR and is also the top performing mobile VR chipset. Coupled with 8GB DDR4 RAM, the XR2 brings high performance for games and other digital entertainment in VR.
- The headset features a proprietary Q-Light-powered 6DoF interactive system, which enables head-hand 6DoF spatial positioning and a millimetre-level positioning precision for controllers.
- QIYU 3 is supported by continuous pupillary distance adjustment technology with an indication precision of up to 1mm. The pupillary distance can be adjusted from 58mm to 72mm, allowing users across genders and age groups to wear the device with comfort.
- QIYU 3 also features iQUT future cinema, which provides users with a 2,000-inch screen, equivalent to the size of 20 80-inch TVs. With support for HDR, the device enables more nuanced colour rendering, making images more detailed and natural. Tapping into iQIYI’s massive content library, QIYU 3 will also be able to offer a wide range of the latest films and TV shows. Furthermore, iQIYI provides QIYU 3 with 4K 3D movies and 8K videos at 60fps with a bitrate of 13M, an industry-leading picture quality.