New Zealand’s MediaWorks has revealed the name of its new look talk brand – Today FM. The new radio station is set to launch in the first quarter of 2022.
The Today FM weekday lineup will include:
- 5am-6:30am First Light with Rachel Smalley
- 6:30-9am Tova w/Tova O’Brien
- 9am-midday Duncan Garner Today
- 12pm-4pm Leah & Mark w/Leah Panapa and Mark Richardson
- 4pm-7pm Lloyd Burr Drive w/Wilhelmina Shrimpton
- 8pm-midnight Polly w/Polly Gillespie
Weekend’s will see a mix of news, sport, lifestyle and entertainment, including a business and entrepreneurial focused show from host Robett Hollis who’ll broadcast live from his purpose-built home studio in San Francisco.
According to MediaWorks Director of News & Talk, Dallas Gurney, “Today FM is all about news that’s new and making it accessible for Kiwis of all ages, particularly younger audiences. We have a fantastic lineup of some of New Zealand’s biggest names, alongside some new voices I know audiences are going to love to tune into via either traditional radio or by streaming live through MediaWorks’ app rova.
“Today FM will be broadcast on FM frequencies throughout Aotearoa and we look forward to sharing more details on this soon.”