Rise, the advocacy group for gender diversity in the broadcast media technology sector, has announced the pairings for the third annual mentoring schemes in APAC and ANZ.
This year’s mentoring programmes cater to more participants from the two regions than ever before and include a range of industry leaders from across the media and entertainment technology sectors.
The schemes are made possible due to invaluable support from industry sponsors including BT Sport, Warner Brothers Discovery, ITV, AVID, BBC News, Black Magic Design, AE Live, Clear-Com, DPP, Deluxe, Grass Valley, Iron Mountain Entertainment Services, SKY, DAZN, Ross Video, SDVI, Gravity Media, Eluv.io, Calrec, Dalet, CVP, disguise, EVS, MOOV, Google Cloud, Red Bee, Vubiquity, netsight, Sony, Timeline TV, Pixotope, Brightcove, EMS Broadcast, ENVY, Broadfield, M2A Media, Pixelogic, Skyline, Tential and Splice.
Acceptance to the Rise programme provides members with entry to an exciting range of benefits including face-to-face networking events, workshops, and seminars, all over the course of a six-month programme. Additionally, each mentor-mentee match offers a minimum of 12 hours of personalised guidance through one-on-one sessions.
The APAC and ANZ Mentor and Mentees pairings for the 2023 Rise Programme are as follows:
- Meizhen Hou, Trainee, Beijing Sport University will be mentored by Liming Fu, Chief Representative, IABM
- Akanksha Narode, Associate, Quilt.AI will be mentored by Shad Hashmi, APAC Partner Lead Media & Entertainment, AWS
- Harshitha C V, Subject Matter Expert, Deluxe Entertainment and Distribution India Pvt Ltd will be mentored by Paul Shutt, Deputy Global Head of Customer Success, Vizrt
- Rakhi Sundar, Sr. Director: Project Operations, Deluxe India will be mentored by Shweta Jain, Principal Industry Specialist, Media and Entertainment, AWS
- Abhi Rao, Managing Director, OTTVerse Private Limited will be mentored by Rupali Sarkar, Media and Broadcast Solutions, ARK Infosolutions
- Richa Vatsala, Co-Founder, Digibrandshake will be mentored by Vivian Yu, Marketing Director APAC, Pixotope
- Jisha George, Lead Recruiter, Deluxe Entertainment Distributions India Pvt. Ltd will be mentored by Sulina Menon, Chief Client Officer, OMD India
- Suja Amirtha, Associate Project Manager, Deluxe Entertainment Distributions India Pvt. Ltd will be mentored by Peter Bruce, Snr Manager Channel Sales, Harmonic
- Prameswari Rahmanu, Freelance Translator will be mentored by Sharifah Ahmad, CMO, Torque Video
- Emma Ziker, Client Services Team Lead, Deluxe will be mentored by Melissa Soubratty, Content Director, WTT
- Yun Ru Tan, Content Operations Manager, BBC Studios will be mentored by Tony Berthaud, Vice President, Sales & Services, Harmonic
- Michelle Smith, Team Leader, Deluxe Entertainment Distributions India Pvt. Ltd will be mentored by Shivani Kochhar, Senior Manager Sales Systems, Technology and Operations, Warner Bros. Discovery
- Grace Cunningham, Studio Operations Senior, PWC Australia will be mentored by Nina Walsh, Head of Business Development, APJ & Americas for Media & Entertainment, AWS
- Jessica Paynter, Audio & Communications Engineer, Gravity Media will be mentored by Olivia Grimshaw, Presales and Customer Success Manager APAC , Grass Valley
- Sharmaine Spencer, Community Radio Network Operations Coordinator and Team Leader, Community Broadcasting Association of Australia (CBAA) will be mentored by Manda Hatter, Head of Operations, Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)
- Jennie Schiller, Associate Producer, Gravity Media will be mentored by Tanya Rai, Marketing Manager, Telstra Broadcast Services
- Penny He, Finance Manager, Deluxe APAC will be mentored by Trupti Patel, Head of Program Management, Telstra Broadcast Services
- Taylay Gillis, Multi Skilled Technical Operator, MKTG Sports + Entertainment Australia will be mentored by Monica Forlano, Head of AFL Studios, Australian Football League
Sponsorship opportunities for the mentoring schemes and other Rise activities are still available. To find out more and to discuss how you can get involved, please contact Donna Smith, Managing Director at Rise, via email@example.com