The Australia and South Pacific Section of SMPTE (the Society of Motion Picture & Television Engineers) has announced a further postponement of its METexpo exhibition and conference until March-15-17, 2022.
According to Paul Whybrow, SMPTE Board Chair for Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Islands, “The pandemic is currently disrupting many of us across Australia and in the South Pacific just as we thought we were all heading in a good direction to all meet again in person.
“The key thing for us at SMPTE is that we want to ensure all our members and friends have a safe and enjoyable time at METexpo. Given the current challenging conditions in Sydney, we have made the decision to move our event to early next year, so you can feel confident and comfortable in coming to our show and conference.
“We are still really excited about our packed conference program, which includes several new and exciting features. A huge thanks to our presenters who are locking in for March 2022. With rapidly rising vaccination levels, the talk of a growing list of travel bubbles and the community confidence of a positive start to ‘22, we believe we have made a choice that you will be very happy with.”
The rescheduled event will feature:
- Three days of conference and exhibition, with two social events open to all
- A full day for the screen industry across business, production and post
- Business of Media panels featuring thought leaders from the ABC, SCA, Nova, Deluxe, Seven Media, Telstra, AWS, SPA and more
- A full day dedicated to the craft of audio, aimed at mentoring sound practitioners
- The Women in M&E and their Allies breakfast
- SMPTE METexpo awards
- Global insights from our SMPTE keynote events
- An Innovation Hub showcasing start-ups and innovators from Fishburner and others
- Partner events with the Sydney Video Technology Meet Up and SVGW