Taiwanese TV shopping channel, U-Life, has implemented the Etere ETX channel-in-a-box from Harmonic to manage master control workflows and improve operational efficiencies.
The software-based architecture allows it to deliver all the functionalities of a traditional playout system on a reliable and streamlined software interface. The upgrade provides a scalable and flexible playout solution that boosts operational efficiencies and enables workflows that expands easily as the business evolves.
U-Life is a long-time customer of Etere and chose ETX to streamline the master control workflows and playout automation of the channel. Etere ETX is a tightly integrated 4k-ready channel-in-a-box software that works with all commonly-used HD, SD digital video, audio and graphics platforms without the need for any additional cumbersome hardware or interfaces. The software also supports IP, SDI and NDI inputs and outputs. In addition, ETX is able to simultaneously manage different ingest/playout channels, making it a versatile multi-channel solution that is capable of video acquisitions, real-time compression and network transmission with full support for different video codecs between channels. Etere also readily integrates with the existing technologies of the station, making it a flexible solution to implement. The software features an intuitive graphical user interface for an efficient and simplified operation.
Key Features include:
- Multiple graphics and webGL graphics overlays
- Capture web pages as live multimedia sources
- 4K, HD, and SD with Up and Down conversion
- RTMP input and integrated time delay
- Serves as a RTMP sender or RTSP receiver
- Full IP support for both HD and SD videos, supports NewTek NDI
- Supports multiple layers of graphics
- Fully compliant DVB (Digital Video Broadcasting) stream
- Supports Microsoft ReFS File System, cloud-ready
- Included graphics engine allows overlay of static/animated logos and crawlers on 8 layers
- Able to perform IP in and IP out, with multiple frame rates and independent IP out services
- Integrated IT-based master control with multichannel ingest/playout
- Easy insertion of closed captions including CEA 608 and CEA 708 with ETX inserter
- Create live subtitling seamlessly with ETX inserter and time delay
- SDI output with support for selected cards (SDI or IP) including Blackmagic, Matrox
- File formats includes LXF, MOV, MXF, GXF, ASF, MPG-TS, MPG-PS, AVI, DV and MKV
- Video codecs includes DVCPRO, MPG1, MPG2, MPG4, H.264, HEVC/ H.265, DNxHD, ProRes
- Audio codecs includes AAC, MP2, MP3, Flac
- Minimum video duration 75 frames, can vary with format
- Graphics files includes TGA, AVI, MOV, SWF, PNG, JPEG, GIF
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) capabilities: Insert multiple overlays of live graphics and videos over a streaming video
- Supports 64-bits and microservices
The system design was designed by Etere and managed by Etere’s system integrator in Taiwan, N-TYPE incorporation.