To mark the 50th anniversary of its legendary 1073 microphone preamp, AMS Neve has brought the story full circle with the launch of the 1073OPX, a brand new Octal Microphone/Line/Instrument Preamplifier that designed to meet the needs of the modern studio environment.
The analogue and digital monitor signal path of the 1073OPX allows it to be used as a complete standalone I/O interface or as a live room remote preamp with a full, latency-free monitoring cue mix signal path. The optional digital I/O card comes with Neve’s industry-revered mastering-grade converters with up to 192kHz/24-Bit A/D conversion over USB connection. This ensures that the unit can be used as a Primary Audio Interface to any connected DAW-enabled computer, as well as Primary and Secondary Dante connectivity for Audio-over-IP applications.
Key features include:
- 8 Channels of remote-controlled 1073 Mic/Line/Instrument Preamplifiers.
- Exclusive Neve Marinair transformers on both the Line and Microphone input.
- Remote control software can control up to 8 1073 OPX racks at a time (64 preamps!)
- Automatic Total Recall of all settings.
- Front Transformer-coupled Mic/Line combi input
- Rear Transformer-coupled Mic/Line D-Type connection
- 80Hz High pass filter
- -25dB pad
- Phase flip
- Smart Phantom Power control
- Hi/Lo Impedance selector from 300Ω to 1.3KΩ
- Separate stereo monitor path with Independent level control