With over six million units sold, the NT1 is the world’s most popular studio microphone and boasts a legacy that few can match. Since its release more than 30 years ago, the microphone has gone through multiple transformations, including the legendary NT1-A and innovative fourth generation NT1, both of which are used by countless creators today.
The NT1 5th Generation is the most significant evolution yet, harnessing the iconic sound quality and world-class performance that made the previous generations so successful while introducing state-of-the-art technology, including RØDE’s Dual Connect output offering both XLR and USB connectivity, a world-first ‘unclippable’ 32-bit float digital output, advanced digital signal processing, and so much more. A perfect marriage of tradition and innovation, this is the ultimate studio microphone.
The Unclippable Microphone
The NT1 5th Generation is the world’s first microphone to feature a 32-bit float digital output. This revolutionary audio format captures the full dynamic range of the microphone while allowing users recording in a DAW to adjust their audio to the optimal level after recording. This means users can record anything from a whisper to a scream without worrying about setting their gain correctly beforehand and with no chance of their signal clipping.
For over 50 years, the XLR connector has remained virtually unchanged – until now. The NT1 5th Generation features our groundbreaking, patent-pending Dual Connect output, which offers both XLR and USB connectivity in the same housing. This allows users to connect to an audio interface, mixer, console or other audio equipment via XLR for a traditional analogue workflow or directly to a computer via USB for plug-and-play recording.
When using the analogue output, the NT1 5th Generation delivers the exact same rich, warm tone and best-in-class performance that the NT1 is revered for. When using the digital output, these sonic characteristics are maintained, with the added convenience, power and versatility of direct USB connectivity. The NT1 5th Generation features a professional-grade audio interface built into the microphone. This is perfectly optimised to preserve its pristine audio fidelity and also offers a range of highly innovative features to further enhance its sound, making capturing studio-quality audio easier than ever before.
“The NT1 5th Generation redefines the meaning of plug-and-play,” says Damien Wilson. “Since the beginning of audio recording, engineers have relied on the gain knob to capture clean audio – it’s always been the most important process in the recording workflow. The NT1 5th Generation changes that completely. When recording in 32-bit float, users can literally plug their microphone into their computer and start recording instantly without any risk of their audio being ruined by clipping or distortion.”
Key Features of the NT1 5th Generation
- HF6 large-diaphragm (1-inch) gold-sputtered capsule, precision engineered to sub-micron tolerances.
- Smooth frequency response, high sensitivity and high SPL handling for incredible performance in a wide range of studio applications.
- Exceptionally low noise (4dBA) – the world’s quietest studio condenser microphone
- Patent-pending Dual Connect output with both XLR and USB-C connectivity for use with audio interfaces, mixers and consoles, or direct plug-and-play recording with a computer.
- World-first 32-bit float digital output.
- Ultra-high-resolution (up to 192kHz) analogue-to-digital conversion.
- On-board DSP for advanced APHEX audio processing, including a compressor, noise gate, two-step high-pass filter, and legendary Aural Exciter and Big Bottom effects.
- Studio-grade shock mount and pop filter, XLR and USB cables included.
- Available in black or silver with a rugged aluminium body and high-grade finishes – highly resistant to scuffs and scratches.
- Designed and made in our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Sydney, Australia.