As the first microphone in the world to bring professional sound quality to such a compact form factor, the VideoMicro is iconic and has become a classic amongst everyone from amateur content creators to professional filmmakers.
The VideoMicro II takes everything that made the original such a success and introduces several new features for enhanced performance, redefining the gold standard for ultra-compact on-camera audio.
Key Features of the VideoMicro II
- Professional-grade on-camera shotgun microphone.
- Supercardioid polar pattern for highly directional audio capture.
- RØDE’s annular line tube technology for unmatched transparency and natural, full-bodied sound.
- Innovative HELIX isolation mount system for superior protection from knocks, bumps and handling noise.
- 3.5mm TRS output with plug-and-play connectivity and no complicated controls – incredibly easy to use.
- Ultra-compact and lightweight – just 39g.
- Rugged, all-metal body and premium components.
- Deluxe foam and furry windshields and cables for connecting to cameras and smartphones included.
- Designed and made in RØDE’s state-of-the-art facilities in Sydney, Australia.
“The VideoMicro was groundbreaking when it was released almost a decade ago,” said RØDE CEO Damien Wilson. “Never before had creators been able to record crystal-clear audio with a microphone as compact, lightweight and easy to use. It has since become the world’s best-selling on-camera mic and has spawned many imitators, though none have replicated the professional performance of the original. Over the past ten years, we have continued to innovate across our entire VideoMic range, and we are excited to now update the VideoMicro with next-generation features for today’s creators.”