Planetcast Media Services, a leading broadcast technology and media services provider will be showcasing the global company’s comprehensive portfolio of cloud-first media services and distribution technologies at Broadcast Asia 2023 in Singapore, June 7-9 (Booth 5k1 – 07).
The show will feature Planetcast’s suite of best-in-breed products, led by its end-to-end cloud media suite, with its Cloud.X playout solution, and its powerful range of teleport solutions, including Uplink, Downlink, Turn-around, Playout, and Disaster Recovery services. Planetcast will also demo its RECASTER managed service for global content delivery over IP. Following its recent acquisition of Desynova, Planetcast will be showcasing the company’s post-production-centric supply chain management solution, Contido.
Planetcast’s boasts four geographically diverse teleports in Asia Pacific, broadcasting over 300 channels and supporting 24×7 live services for top broadcasters such as Disney, Viacom, Sony, TV18, Shemaroo, B4U, The Q, News Nation, TV9, and Times Network. Planetcast ranked seventh in the World Teleport Association’s (WTA) Independent Top Operators for 2022.
In addition to the region’s most advanced teleport solutions, visitors to the Planetcast stand will see one of the industry’s most comprehensive cloud playout systems in action, trusted and utilised by the world’s most demanding global media companies, including Disney Star, Star India, Viacom 18, and Doordarshan, the premier public broadcaster in India. Other world-leading clients include Amazon Prime Video, Discovery, and Sony.
The show will also see the APAC debut of Planetcast’s Contido cloud-native content supply chain management platform for the Asian market – added when the company acquired Desynova, an international leader in global Media Asset Management (MAM) for media and entertainment companies. The addition enhances its MAM offering to deliver a leading-edge, cloud-based solution designed to handle video processing and publishing across multiple platforms.
The company says it is excited to bring its latest product innovations to Broadcast Asia this year, including best-in-class playout solutions currently being used globally by Indian Premier League rightsholders. The Planetcast team are looking forward to showcasing the company’s proven expertise and portfolio of solutions designed specifically for high-value media production and distribution throughout APAC. With satellite and IP network transport, playout, asset management, OTT, FAST and a growing portfolio of post-production services, Planetcast is APAC’s leading one-stop shop for media distribution.
At Broadcast Asia 2023, Planetcast will showcase how it enables broadcasters and other media and entertainment companies to deliver more content more efficiently while growing monetisation avenues. Innovative services and solutions Planetcast is demonstrating at its booth include:
- CLOUD.X, its full-featured cloud playout platform, which enables FAST workflows and rapid ad insertion in partnership with Wurl, a world leader in dynamic ad insertion for streaming TV;
- Planetcast’s range of end-to-end Teleport services, driven by advanced, fully- automated multi-location facilities including teleports in India and Singapore;
- The new comprehensive combination of Contido and the company’s existing MAM.C solution to power any media company’s content management needs;
- RECASTER – a dynamic and robust IP transport managed service, which delivers a secure internet stream from anywhere to anywhere, be it one or more linear channels or a live sports stream watched by hundreds of millions;
- Playout Disaster Recovery – cloud-based DR solution that provides incredibly cost-effective protection against broadcast service disruption;
- OTT – End to end OTT platform and services offered in collaboration with Switch Media.
The company sees it as an exciting time to return to Broadcast Asia after recently attending NAB Show 2023. Planetcast has its foundations in Asia and has expanded to become a global media services company. Through working for some of the world’s largest entertainment companies across international markets, its global experience enables the company to bring an extra layer of functionality and performance to its services, which are aimed directly at the APAC marketplace, as it continues to emerge as a media services company without borders.