From the 5th to the 9th of June, at BroadcastAsia 2023, in Singapore Expo, Village Island (booth# 5M1-08) will be showcasing solutions for SDI to ST-2110 IP, contribution, OTT, monitoring and more from developers such as DekTec Digital Video, Sencore/Wellav, Calian and Barnfind Technologies.
DekTec Digital Video PCIe, USB, and IP adapters will be on display, including:
- The new DTA-2110 – SMPTE 2110 PCIE card capable of sending and receiving uncompressed video and audio.
- The new DTA-2127 – Compact 4CH Satellite Wave Receiver PCIE Card.
- The new DTA-2116 – 0-3Ghz wide bandwidth high-end multi-standard modulation PCIe card.
- The new DTU-331 – Portable SDR receiver that can be connected via usb3 covering a wide bandwidth of 0-3 Ghz that supports modulation standards around the world.
Also on show will be DekTec’s StreamXpress play-out software, now capable of playing out SRT signals, as well the range of DekTec SDI boards, including the DTA-2172, DTA-2174B, DTA-2175, DTA-2178, IP, and RF boards.
Sencore/Wellav headend products on display will include:
- The CENTRA GATEWAY video distribution software platform which can receive, transmit, convert, and optimise Internet protocols (SRT, RIST, ZIXI, HLS, MPEG/IP) for optimal video delivery. It has an intuitive, easy-to-use interface that can be deployed in the cloud and on-premises to achieving an end-to-end solution.
- For turnaround from baseband SDI to uncompressed IP, and vice-versa, SDI2X is the SDI-over-IP (ST-2022, ST-2110) converter box for up to 4x SDI channels in 1RU or 2RU Opengear chassis types. SDI2X can bridge the gap between baseband SDI infrastructure and modern high-speed, uncompressed IP networks. Utilising SMPTE 2110 and SMPTE 2022-6, SDI2X provides an easy-to-use, robust turnaround platform for sending and receiving uncompressed IP
- The signal transmission platform, Sencore SCP 2100, is a cost-effective, easy-to-deploy unit for acquiring and relaying almost any video signal over the Internet. By leveraging the power of ASIC-based encoding and transcoding, exceptional video quality, and the latest Internet delivery protocols, the SCP 2100 makes collecting previously costly and challenging videos easy. Off-air broadcasts, sporting events, public service announcements, and anything else you need, as long as you have the SCP 2100 and an Internet connection, are easy to collect.
- Integrated Receiver Decoder, the MRD6000/AG6000 4K/UHD receiver decoder, features the latest generation of 4K/UHD ASIC decoder technology for monitoring, turnaround, signage, hospitality, and enterprise applications. It is delivered as a reliable and cost-effective appliance for UHD video applications. Available in 1RU or OpenGear form factors.
- Sencore software-based platform MRD 7000 is a multi-channel, multi-format professional receiver decoder. Maintaining agility in today’s market is paramount with the MRD7000, and you can do just that. It supports 4:2:2 10-bit video, including HDR and WCG, and decodes HEVC/H.264/MPEG2 up to 4K/UHD resolution at a high bitrate. The MRD 7000 supports audio processing for up to 8 services (16 channels): MPEG1/2, AAC, Dolby AC3/AC3+/Dolby E/ATMOS. With multi-channel decoding, the MRD 7000 can handle up to four HD services or one UHD service in a 1RU enclosure. Output options include 4x3G-SDI (2-sample interleaved, 4-split), 12G-SDI, HDMI 2.0B, and SMPTE 2110 (via 10GB or 25GB fiber).
- SMPTE-2110 Video Analytics and Monitoring, VB440: The VB440 Appliance is designed for SMPTE 2110 and SMPTE in core broadcast networks, production studios, master control centers, and broadcast vehicles and venues. It provides a breakthrough solution for monitoring and analysing high-bitrate broadcast media traffic as defined in 2022-6. The add-on license also supports analysis by JPEG-XS optical compression. The VB440 appliance combines a benchtop analyzer with a 24/365 monitor that enables production and delivery teams to continuously explore the whole layers of media transmission over an IP network and quickly fix potential issues.
- IP Monitoring Software Probe, VB330-V/VB330: The VB330-V/VB330 Appliance is designed for monitoring the full cross-section of services commonly found in media-related network operations. It is a very flexible tool for monitoring network performance involving signal formats and areas as diverse as video TS over IP multicast, video OTT/ABR streaming, voice trunks, video-on-demand unicast, Ethernet packet microbursts, PCAP recording, and general traffic protocol inspection.
Village Island’s own brand of ST-2110/SDI contribution and multiviewer solutions will also be on display, including:
- The new VICO-XI which can convert HD, 4K IP ST2110-20 uncompressed video, and IP2110-22 JPEG XS compressed signals in both directions. Up to 2 signals (expansion option) are supported in one housing, and the user can arbitrarily set the conversion mode and parameters.
- The VICO-4L-XS with new HD support. Equipped with the JPEG-XS codec with the lossless visual method, it transmits 4K and HD video signals with ultra-low latency over IP ST2110-22. It has an optional ST2022-7 redundancy feature for data loss protection, which allows the encoding or decoding up to two signals (expansion options) in a single chassis. The user can arbitrarily switch the encoder and decoder modes from the front panel.
- The VICO-4L-2110 with new ST2022-7 support. The VICO-4L-2110 converter can transmit 4K, and HD signals with ST2110 IP signals. The video interface can be configured to 12G-SDI, 4x 3G-SDI, 4x HD-SDI, 1x 3G-SDI, or 1x HD-SDI, and the IP interface supports up to 25G. Up to 2 signals in one enclosure ENC or DEC, and the ENC and DEC modes can be switched arbitrarily by the user from the front panel or WebGUI. Video, audio, and ancillary data are compatible with ST-2110, ST-2059, and NMOS IS- 04/05 standards.
- Village Island’s FlexViewer, an enhanced broadcast services multiviewer monitoring solution empowered by Village Island’s TS monitoring software (VF-SMON), compliant with TR 101 290. FlexViewer has been deployed to many customers and sold over 100 systems in the Asia-Pacific region. FlexViewer makes it easy for operators to monitor the status of all video and audio streams in your network operation center as an integral part of your broadcast ecosystem.
From Calian comes the Decimator D4 Spectrum & Signal Analyzer which allows users to remotely monitor RF communication signals and detect signal problems anywhere in the world using a standard Internet connection.
The Decimator D4 is ideal for measuring communications and broadcast carriers, offering accurate and fast measurements at a reasonable price.
The Decimator D4 is a product with an increased frequency range from 5 MHz to 6.5 GHz. The Decimator D4 is a fourth-generation spectral and signal analyzer unit with a built-in carrier monitor, cross-pole measurement, signal analysis, and digital demodulation.
Main characteristics include:
- Powerful, easy-to-use spectrum analyzer for use with standard internet connections
- Built-in cross-pole and carrier monitoring application
- Add-on software allows up to 100 carriers to be displayed in one window
- Analyze constellations of DVB-S/S2/S2X signals
- Available in three form factors: multi-port chassis, PCIe card, and portable chassis
Meanwhile, Illuminator, a new decimator feature, is a powerful software add-on designed to monitor radio frequency (RF) communications and detect signal problems.
The Illuminator allows users to monitor multiple remote Decimator D4/D3 spectrum analysers on a single screen. The on-screen display will enable you to centrally monitor and control the entire carrier and monitor abnormalities such as band power, carrier presence, center frequency, and carrier power.
Finally, the Barnfind range of optical fibre transmission equipment on show will include:
- BarnColor is a cost-effective solution for the bidirectional transmission of multiple signals over fibre optic cables. It does not require complicated settings like conventional optical transmission equipment and can be set and operated even by those who do not have specialised knowledge or experience.
- The BarnMini can be operated simply and stand-alone, or used as a component in more extensive transmission systems and facilities, combined with other Barnfind products. BarnMini is available in various models and supports interfaces such as BNC, SFP, Optical, IP, etc.
For more details, or to book an appointment during the show, email firstname.lastname@example.org