ARRI has announced the availability of ALEXA Mini LF SUP 7.0 with many new features.
One of the most asked for additions to the Mini LF are new Super 35 recording formats. With these new formats, the Mini LF is now more flexible than ever and can be used for both large-format and Super 35 productions. In addition, three of the four Super 35 recording formats offer higher frame rates than the ALEXA Mini.
At the same time, ALEXA is expanding the cameras’ features for the popular large format. Two new large format recording formats deliver the large format look with a significantly reduced data rate (HD or UHD recording). Many additional features are based on customer requests and greatly improve the overall usability of the camera.
Features of the ALEXA Mini LF SUP 7.0 download include:
- New Super 35 recording formats
- – 3.4K S35 3:2 – 3.4K up to 60fps
- – 3.2K S35 16:9 – 3.2K up to 75fps
- – 2.8K S35 4:3 – 2.8K up to 75fps
- – 2.8K S35 16:9 – HD up to 100fps
- New large format recording formats
- – 4.3K LF 16:9 – UHD up to 48fps
- – 4.3K LF 16:9 – HD up to 75fps
- Expanded recording format names
- Improved Magnification monitoring icon
- Support for Signature Zoom Extender 1.7x
- Expanded list of default framelines
- Increased number of framelines
- User setup file forward/backwards compatibility
- Camera Access Protocol (CAP) enhancements
- Improved communication with LBUS devices
- ECS improvements
- Improved logfile exporting
- Powerline Communication
- System stability improvements