AJA Video Systems announced its first partnership with Audinate, developers of Dante IP-based audio networking, to launch the first 12G-SDI embedded audio to Dante audio bridge. Targeted at live event and Pro AV workflows, the new OG-DANTE-12GAM is an openGear, Dante audio embedder and disembedder, with dual 12G-SDI ports, 64 channels of audio and DashBoard control software integration.
“Dante provides a robust system for IP audio transport and is the primary choice for system integrators and a growing number of broadcasters worldwide. We’ve teamed up with Audinate to introduce AJA’s video workflow technology to the Dante ecosystem and further bridge the broadcast and Pro AV markets,” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. “We’ve expanded our openGear card portfolio and developed the first converter solely dedicated to bridging 12G-SDI with IP-based Dante, offering simple installation and production-proven reliability at an affordable price point.”
“We are excited to welcome AJA to the Dante family with the introduction of the openGear compatible OG-DANTE-12GAM,” stated Joshua Rush, Senior Vice President of Marketing for Audinate. “AJA is known as an innovative leader in the industry, and they have recognized the need in the market to break audio out of existing 12G-SDI workflows into the ever-growing ecosystem of 2,800+ Dante-enabled networked audio products. This need is especially true in markets that straddle the professional broadcast and installed sound applications, such as performing arts venues, houses of worship, and stadiums/arenas.”
OG-DANTE-12GAM is a new high density, openGear-compatible solution for bridging 12G/6G/3G SDI sources with embedded audio to and from the Dante audio ecosystem. Dante audio networking provides digital audio distribution over IP networks, supporting uncompressed, multi-channel, low latency, high-resolution audio, with scalability, simplified wiring, and easy installation. OG-DANTE-12GAM provides a high-density infrastructure solution bridging Dante to SDI and back, ideal for stadiums, theaters, concerts, stage rentals, houses of worship, universities, and other production environments. OG-DANTE-12GAM features industry-wide compatibility with openGear frames, allowing for up to 640 channels of SDI/Dante audio bridging within a single 2RU frame housing 10 cards.
OG-DANTE-12GAM features include:
- Support for 12G/6G/3G SDI embedded audio to and from the Dante audio ecosystem;
- Dual, and independent 12G-SDI, (2x Inputs and 2x Outputs), each supporting 16 embedded audio channels, totaling 64 channels per card in a compact design;
- Compatibility with openGear frames from AJA and third-parties;
- High density and small form factor, enabling 10 cards to be utilised in a single openGear frame for up to 640 channels of SDI/Dante audio bridging;
- Ross DashBoard control software support for remote signal status and configuration, on Windows, macOS and Linux; and
- Support for Dante Controller software.