GDC Technology Limited (‘GDC’), a provider of digital cinema solutions, has announced the worldwide sales and commitments of its LPU-1000 LED Player Unit which directly interfaces to power the Samsung Onyx LED Cinema Screen has exceeded 100 units. The sales growth of GDC’s LPU-1000 in such countries as Australia, Austria, China, France, Germany, India, Israel, Korea, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Southeast Asia, Switzerland, and the United States substantiates GDC’s global leadership with respect to LED digital cinema direct-view technology and widespread adoption by cinema owners.
“It’s when dedicated passionate people rise above the expectations and seize the opportunity that milestones truly are reached. We are thrilled with the cinema industry’s adoption of Samsung’s LED cinema screen powered by our LPU-1000 media server. We design and manufacture LPU-1000 exclusively for the emerging direct-view display market first introduced by Samsung. The solution has powered the world-first DCI-compliant LED Cinema and it is the driver for the sales growth worldwide,” said Dr. Man-Nang Chong, founder, chairman and CEO of GDC Technology Limited. “The LED direct-view market is quickly growing globally. With GDC products, we are delivering advanced cinema technology to our dealers and customers entering the emerging technology to deliver superior image quality.”
GDC LPU-1000 LED Player Unit designed exclusively for Samsung Onyx LED Cinema Screen:
- Central unit for DCP content playback on Samsung LED cinema screen.
- Provides direct hardware interface and the necessary signal processing required to support content playback on Samsung LED cinema screen.
- Supports high frame rate content in 2D and 3D and all image resolution including SD, HD, 2K and 4K.
- Supports DTS:X for IAB immersive audio to deliver realistic and true cinematic surround sound for a 360° audio experience.
- Additional Gigabit LAN port that can be used for dedicated ingest, theatre automation, and other external devices.
- Samsung Onyx 3D with Espedeo 3D active glasses.