The timezone for all events listed here is Australian Eastern Time. Add two hours for New Zealand and subtract three hours for Southeast Asian timezones. While some online events are held at uncivilised hours, many of them are recorded for on-demand viewing.
Email your event details to email@example.com
- This event has passed.
August 11, 2021 @ 11:00 pm - August 12, 2021 @ 12:00 am
With its high data capacity and low latency, 5G technology could have a profound impact on the way that content is created.
Many early trials and case studies have focused on sport and music, from the use of 5G to relay footage from helmet mounted-cameras during the Winter Olympics to a more recent live music performance on MTV as part of the IBC Accelerator programme.
As the technology matures, additional use cases are being developed and more productions in other genres are looking to explore how 5G could be of benefit to their creative processes.
Through discussions with those involved in trials, this webinar will explore:
- – Workflows for capturing and sharing content over 5G
- – The technology at the heart of 5G-enabled production
- – 5G infrastructure and the availability of equipment
- – The use of 5G as a primary link for outside broadcast production
- – The creative benefits to productions
- Brendan Yam, SVP & General Manager, Viacom Digital Studios International, ViacomCBS Networks International
- Michael Davies, Senior Vice President, Field & Technical Management and Operations, Fox Sports
- Matt Stagg, Head of Mobile Strategy, BT
- Andy Rayner, Chief Technologist, Nevion