Timezone note: Physical events are listed with local venue dates and times while virtual/online events are listed according to Australian Eastern Time. Add two hours for New Zealand and subtract three hours for Southeast Asian timezones. While some online events are held at uncivilised hours, many of them are recorded for on-demand viewing.
Email your event details to email@example.com
- This event has passed.
Remote Post Production Webinar – IBC
July 27, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Join leading industry experts James Bennett, Head of technical operations, post-production at ITN Productions and Rod Reding at REL Productions on Wednesday the 27th of July to discover the tools and services needed for an effective remote workflow, now that many post facilities have made the shift to remote working.
It is a widely voiced view that the shift towards remote working in post-production has been significantly accelerated by the events of the last two years. Proving that necessity is indeed the mother of invention, the pandemic has seen many post houses switch to a model where a lot of creatives and specialists are spending part or all of their working week based at home.
Tune in to this webinar and explore:
- The extent to which remote working can be effective for all areas of post, or whether there are some aspects that continue to benefit from a more centralised approach.
- Challenges to effective working from home, eg. variable domestic bandwidth and power security issues, and what can be done about them.
- How much of a post creative’s studio set-up needs to be replicated at home, and the ways in which they are making use of on-premise and/or cloud-based systems remotely.
- The essential tools and services required to establish an effective remote working model in VFX, audio and other areas of post.
- The role of messaging services and online conferencing technologies in maintaining a ‘team spirit’ and ensuring that projects stay on track.