The timezone for all events listed here is Australian Eastern Time. Add two hours for New Zealand and subtract three hours for Southeast Asian timezones. While some online events are held at uncivilised hours, many of them are recorded for on-demand viewing.
Email your event details to email@example.com
Using Artificial Intelligence to Produce High Quality News
September 5 @ 10:00 pm - September 7 @ 1:00 am€450
AI can help us meet the challenges posed by modern audiences. These include the need for more personalisation, multi-screen experiences, multi-format, better accessibility and more dynamic niche content. You can waste a lot of money getting AI tools that do not add value. So what tools are working, what are the success stories and how can you use the right AI tools for the right job?
In this e-Master Class you will learn how to approach AI from a PSM perspective. AI can help you better serve your audiences by freeing up your team with more effective tools to automate, scale, provide insights and enhance the audience experience. Join Faculty member Mark Egan and Head of Software at the Technology and Innovation department at EBU Sebastien Noir on Zoom as they are live from the AI hub at Media City in Norway.
You’ll have the exclusive opportunity to learn from, and interact with, some of the brightest minds who are implementing AI solutions on a day to day basis. Avoid costly mistakes by seeing what works and why. Come away from this training with a theoretical framework to understand what AI is and look at some of the key tools that are being used to implement AI in the newsroom workflow.
- Automate a task?
- Make it more efficient?
- Provide Insights?
- Do it at a greater scale?
- Do it more reliably?
Aimed at journalists and editors with little or no detailed knowledge of AI and its impact on news, this e-Master Class will offer modules covering a range of AI technologies but with particular attention to robot journalism, speech-to-text and video automation.
- Understand AI technology and how it is impacting newsrooms with issues surrounding synthetic media and fake news.
- Help participants understand journalism opportunities such as recommendation engines, face and object recognition, and automatic editing to help serve your audience better
- Learn which tools are available to make newsrooms more effective for gathering, producing and sharing stories
- Give examples of how the AI hub in Norway is helping organisations implement AI tools into their workflows
- Find out the new newsroom roles: automation editors, AI ethics specialists, journalists checking for editorial errors, data story experts.
Who it is for:
- Newsroom managers