The HbbTV Association, the organisation dedicated to providing open standards for the delivery of advanced interactive TV services through broadcast and broadband networks for connected TV sets and set-top boxes, has announced that the jury has been appointed for the HbbTV Awards 2023.
The jury members are:
- Nicole Agudo Berbel, Seven.One Entertainment Group
- Martin Boronski, BCE/RTL Group
- Giambattista Cerri, Sky Italia
- Laurence Delpy, Eutelsat
- Leticia Noriega Gonzalez, TP Vision
- Paul Gray, Omdia
- Nicola Iovene, Kineton
- James Jackson, Digital UK/Everyone TV
“We are proud of the excellent jury with top-level experts from leading market players, reflecting the value and significance of the HbbTV Awards in our industry. The contest provides a great opportunity to raise awareness and recognition for innovative applications and services enabled by the HbbTV specifications,” said Vincent Grivet, Chair of the HbbTV Association. “I invite all market players to submit their entries and participate in the competition to win the connected TV industry’s most respected award.”
- The categories for the HbbTV Awards 2023 are:
- Best use of HbbTV for advertising-based solutions
- Best tool or product for HbbTV service development or delivery
- Best technology innovation in an HbbTV product or service
- Best marketing or promotion of an HbbTV-based service
- Judges’ Award: “HbbTV newcomer of the year”
The providers of HbbTV applications and services are welcome to submit their entries through this online form; the website also details the terms and conditions of the free competition. A company may enter into as many of the categories as they like. Each submission will require a separate form to be completed. Entries will be judged on their execution, impact and innovation. The closing date for submissions is September 30, 2023. A shortlist of finalists will be put forward to a panel of industry experts who will select the winners. The finalists will be announced by October 31, 2023.
The HbbTV Awards are held for the sixth time, showcasing and celebrating best practice and excellence in the HbbTV community. The prizes will be awarded at a prestigious ceremony on November 28 as part of the HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2023 in Naples, jointly hosted by the HbbTV Association and Comunicare Digitale, an Italian association for the development of digital television. All finalists are invited to attend the awards celebration.