Imagine Communications, the provider of ad tech solutions for TV broadcast, has released “Connected TV Ad Buying: A Survey of Ad Agency Buyers”, a comprehensive report giving media companies insights and industry perspective on trends in the rapidly evolving world of CTV advertising.
To compile the new report, Imagine surveyed senior executives from advertising agencies across Europe and North America. The aim was to provide actionable data that will assist media companies in making informed decisions, optimise their CTV advertising efforts, and generate more revenue.
The survey’s major findings include:
- 71% of respondents would like to buy linear and CTV advertising together; and
- 86% of respondents indicated that linear-like ad placement control is crucial in CTV advertising to achieve better targeting and campaign results
Rob Malcolm, general manager of ad tech at Imagine Communications, said, “As broadcasters continue to expand their offerings beyond linear programming, Imagine is committed to helping them make their cross-platform businesses more profitable. This report underscores that commitment — providing real-world, actionable data that can help broadcasters tailor their offerings to better meet the needs of advertisers and attract more ad budgets to their CTV platforms.”
The survey report reveals exclusive insights into four critical aspects of CTV ad buying:
- CTV vs. Linear Ad Buying: The report investigates the comparisons between CTV and traditional linear ad buying, examining advertiser perceptions and expectations of each approach, and planned allocation of spend.
- Key Challenges: From inventory fragmentation and viewer experience to audience targeting, the survey report identifies what ad agencies perceive as the key challenges of CTV advertising and offers potential solutions.
- Brand Safety and Ad Loads: The new report examines ad agencies’ perspectives on what’s needed to ensure a safe environment for their brands on CTV platforms. Additionally, it sheds light on ad load preferences and their impact on user experience and campaign effectiveness.
- Measurement Expectations: With accurate measurement and attribution crucial to evaluating the success of CTV campaigns, the report presents ad agency expectations and explores emerging measurement methodologies.
- Bonus Insight: The survey explores the perceived impact of new ad-based streaming services from Netflix and Disney+ on CTV ad prices.
Malcolm added, “We conducted this survey among ad agencies to provide our broadcast customers with a better understanding of advertisers’ perceptions, preferences, and challenges related to CTV advertising. The report can also serve as a strategic planning tool, helping media companies assess the potential impact of CTV on their traditional broadcasting business and devise strategies to integrate CTV effectively.”
Interested parties are encouraged to download the full report to gain access to the exclusive insights provided in Imagine Communications’ survey report.