Sky New Zealand and Australian subscription TV operator Foxtel have struck a new multi-year content deal, securing Sky exclusive rights to Crime + Investigation and The HISTORY Channel plus a selection of online programming on Sky Go & Sky On Demand.
Sky and Foxtel have been partners for 18 years and since The HISTORY Channel’s launch in 2003 and CI’s launch in 2007, both channels have grown to become favourites for a large number of Sky customers, with hundreds of thousands of viewers tuning in each week.
With a strong upcoming slate for 2021, customers will continue to get access to popular returning seasons of shows like CI’s The First 48 and The HISTORY Channel’s WWI/II in Colour, as well as new documentary series like Megapolis and Black Patriots: Heroes of The Civil War launching on The HISTORY Channel.
Sky Chief Executive Sophie Moloney said: “Foxtel continues to be a great partner to Sky and we look forward to working together to meet the huge appetite Kiwis have for factual and true crime content and documentaries. We know from our customer insights work that Crime + Investigation and HISTORY’s shows are loved by our customers so it’s great to be able to secure these rights which we know are important to many of them.”
Foxtel Chief Commercial and Content Officer, Amanda Laing said: “We are delighted to renew our successful partnership with Sky NZ in delivering these distinctive and popular brands History and Crime + Investigation. The appetite for quality factual content continues to grow with our customers and we are pleased that this is the same for our partners.”
The Sky and Foxtel partnership includes:
- Crime + Investigation: Continuing to show High-Profile Crime, Investigative Journalism, Psychology, Prison/Legal System. Key shows returning are
- The Real Prime Suspect, Very Scary People, Forensic Files II, Homicide Hunter, along with a brand-new season of The First 48.
- The HISTORY Channel: Content all about War & Remembrance, Ancient Civilisations & Architecture, Politics & Conspiracy, Medieval, Mystery on shows like Ancient Aliens, WWI/II in Colour, Washington, The UnXplained with William Shatner, Secrets of WWII. Brand new documentary series
- Megapolis and Black Patriots: Heroes of The Civil War will also premiere on The HISTORY Channel.
- On Demand: A selection of content from Crime + Investigation and HISTORY will be available to stream on demand on Sky Go and Sky On Demand.