OWC has announced the OWC Atlas Pro series of high-performance media cards and reader.
OWC Atlas Pro media cards have been engineered with advanced performance and data management technologies to maximize the capabilities of DSLR, mirrorless, and video cameras. The OWC Atlas Pro cards let users go from shooting to transferring RAW images and up to 8K video footage to their computers with a high workflow efficiency.
OWC Atlas S Pro cards feature:
- Pro speed: Up to 276MB/s write and 290MB/s read real-world speeds for shooting huge photos, burst photo sequences, and recording up to 8K video
- Advanced: Uses advanced pseudo-Single-Level Cell (pSLC) flash memory to deliver 10X higher durability than ordinary SD cards and blazing-fast speed across the entire card capacity so massive still files and 8K video will write and download fast
- Efficient: Fast read speeds let you offload data to the computer for immediate file access and quicker post-production
- Tough: Impact, bend, shock, UV ray, and x-ray resistant
- Compatible: Fully compatible with a wide variety of DSLR, mirrorless, 360-degree, VR, and cinema cameras
- Flexible: Backwards compatible with UHS-I SD devices and readers
Meanwhile, OWC’s Atlas Pro and Atlas Pro Ultra CFexpress Type B memory cards feature:
- Atlas Pro Ultra delivers sustained 1400MB/s speed for rapid-fire burst mode and high resolution 8K video capture
- Up to 1500MB/s write and 1700MB/s read peak speeds for smooth 8K capture and continuous high frame rate burst mode image capture
- Full compatibility with the latest Canon, Nikon, and Panasonic cameras
- Backwards compatible with XQD devices
- Fully meet CFexpress Type B 1.0 and 2.0 specifications
Lastly, the OWC Atlas FXR is sized similarly to a debit card and FXR is the company’s smallest Thunderbolt CFexpress card reader. It allows users to transfer video footage and photos on location, studio, or the edit suite to virtually any Thunderbolt or USB port-equipped computer or tablet at over 1500MB/s speed. Nearly 7x smaller than other Thunderbolt CFX readers, the bus-powered Atlas FXR easily fits into the smallest camera bag.
The Atlas FXR reader is compatibile with past, present, and future Macs, Windows PCs, iPads, Chromebooks, and Surface devices; supports the maximum performance capability of CFX cards, Thunderbolt, and USB interfaces; can ingest video footage and photos at over 1500MB/s; and includes Thunderbolt cable with tethered USB-A adapter.