ATTO Technology, Inc., the developer of storage connectivity and infrastructure solutions for data-intensive computing environments, has unveiled the ATTO ExpressNVM S48F Smart NVMe Switch Host Adapter.
The first of a new product family built on the NVMe interface specification, ATTO ExpressNVM Smart NVMe Switch Host Adapters help organisations quickly scale NVMe storage capacity to support high-performance storage server applications without sacrificing performance. They are a value add and cost-effective solution for OEMs and System Builders, providing a framework to develop enterprise NVMe storage arrays for local and distributed storage networks
As organisations modernize their data centers, NVMe storage has become the next step in enterprise architectures. Yet despite its performance potential, many organisations struggle with manageability when NVMe is scaled. NVMe was designed to work over a PCIe bus where the synchronisations and command translation requirements defeat the benefits of NVMe devices when accessed remotely. While NVMe connectivity is available on the motherboard for many servers, the lack of choices, customisation, and the number of drives able to be connected limit scalability and configuration options. These challenges are compounded with the ongoing supply chain issues which are forcing server manufacturers to limit SKUs and motherboard configurations.
ATTO ExpressNVM Adapters provide greater purchasing and design flexibility options for OEMs and System Integrators who choose to add these adapters to their storage solution toolkits. In turn, their customers can add intelligence to their NVMe deployments and restore key management and monitoring capabilities that are lacking from most onboard solutions. Access to granular analytics and integrated management features like those provided by ExpressNVM are significant considerations when customers are deciding to purchase their next generation of hardware.
Designed for consistent and persistent latency, the new ATTO ExpressNVM Smart NVMe Switch Host PCIe 4.0 Adapters address scalability issues with the ability to connect up to eight NVMe drives per card. They allow for scalable NVMe storage solutions and feature extensive management and analytics unrivaled by any other solution available today, including:
- An FPGA management engine that adds management capabilities based on proprietary ATTO eCORE technology.
- Real-time alerts to manage and monitor attached drives with in-band and out-of-band analytic tools that provide a granularity not possible with other solutions.
- Enterprise-ready management capabilities, including reliability statistics and capacity utilisation – all without adversely impacting performance or latency.
ExpressNVM Smart NVMe Switch Host Adapters
The S48F Smart NVMe Switch Host Adapter supports eight drives and features:
- 4 x 8 internal SlimSAS Connectors
- x16 PCIe 4.0 host bus interface
- Supports all major operating systems via inbox hardware drivers
- Enhanced management driver support for Windows and Linux
- Support for multiple NVMe drive types M.2, U.2, U.3 EDSFF
ATTO enterprise software includes:
- ATTO CLI Tools – For advanced topology display / configuration
- ATTO Tool Ecosystem – Similar look and feel across multiple Operating Systems
Management and analytics includes:
- ATTOview analytics and monitoring – PCIe switch, NVMe drive status, NVMe drive health, NVMe drive performance; and
- Alerts generated by metric collection and analytics.