OWC has announced the ‘Mercury Pro U.2 Dual Thunderbolt’ dual-bay U.2 desktop storage solution with up to 2800MB/s speed and 16TB storage capacity
It utilises Thunderbolt’s full 2800MB/s of data bandwidth to function nearly 6x faster than your typical SSD. Dual drive bays house two NVMe U.2 SSDs for streamlined, easy-to-manage RAID storage.
An easy, plug and play design makes the OWC Mercury Pro U.2 Dual convenient to use. Just connect the included Thunderbolt cable to your machine or OWC docking solution and start saving, editing, and sharing.
With OWC’s MacDrive software (sold separately) installed on your Windows PC, you can use Apple RAID formatted drives without jumping through hoops for a cross-platform workflow.
- Backing up simple to complex video editing projects
- Time Machine and File History backups of essential business data and irreplaceable personal photos
- Consolidating files from multiple smaller drives to a single location for faster, more convenient access
- Migrating data from an existing machine to a new computer
- Freeing up space on a computer’s internal drive to improve performance
- An extra Thunderbolt USB-C port lets you daisy-chain devices to your OWC Mercury Pro U.2
- Dual to expand your capabilities. Attach a 5K display or two 4K Thunderbolt displays. You can even place a USB device at the end of the chain.