AccuWeather recently announced the introduction of WeatherShow Enhancer, a newly developed software and hardware display system built on AccuWeather’s popular StoryTeller+ Touchscreen System. The Enhancer will immediately give you a distinct and superior look through significantly increased special effects. It will multiply the capabilities of your current weather system , thereby improving storytelling with less effort. Furthermore the Enhancer will reduce weather show production costs.
“We’ve all seen how televised election night coverage relies on more interactive displays and the ability to more quickly pull up information,” said Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of AccuWeather. “The game-changing capabilities of the Enhancer will similarly elevate your weather show’s appeal with more motion, better severe weather coverage, more video and quicker access to critical rapidly changing weather data, and many eye-catching interactions on screen.”
The revolutionary WeatherShow Enhancer will make your current weather system come alive and significantly elevate your meteorologist’s presentation with more motion and will multiply its capability and elevate your meteorologist’s storytelling. We aren’t trying to replace your WSI or Baron system but make it much better.
Some of the unique capabilities of the new system include:
- Multiplies and enhances the capabilities of your current weather system, allowing you to show 16 screens all in one and to move in or out of any, in any order.
- Gets severe weather warnings on air faster and with more meaningful information that you can filter to make more sense of complicated severe weather situations to better inform your viewers.
- Spotlight tools that give meteorologists greater real time control and the ability to better highlight what is most important on screen.
- Advanced telestration, now unlocked for the entire presentation.
- Six live HD video inputs, endless video feeds, better animation, more motion, and multiple scene displays simultaneously.
- For the first time you will get access to AccuWeather MinuteCast, a patented hyperlocal, Minute-by-Minute localised forecast of precipitation type and intensity for the next four hours.
- The most granular level of street labeling provides the ability to pan, tilt and zoom into any neighbourhood in the world with greater localisation and more detailed mapping unique to the Enhancer.
- Will reduce your weather production costs and give you more options especially during breaking weather.
“We are thrilled to showcase our new WeatherShow Enhancer along with our highly popular StoryTeller+, at NAB, and we invite stations to come by and experience these many new unique capabilities that will turbocharge your weather show overnight and make your weather talent into a superstar ”Dr. Myers said.