Blackmagic has had a very busy NAB announcing a number of new models and new products. Resolve 18.5 with 150 new upgrades and features, including a number of new AI tools. And new 4K versions of our ATEM Television Studio 8 and ATEM 4 M/E Constellation line, version 8.1 of its camera software which adds vertical format shooting in our Pocket cameras and the URSA Mini Pro 12K OLPF model. On top of those, Blackmagic also announced two new products: the DeckLink IP and the Blackmagic 2110 IP Converter 3x3G, our first two SMPTE 2110 IP standard products.
The new URSA Mini Pro 12K OLPF is now also part of the Netflix approved camera list.
DaVinci Resolve 18.5: Beta available to download now.
- New AI based tools including Resolve Neural Engine AI powered subtitles from audio and text based editing and support for AI based audio classification.
- New Resolve FX relight tool for adding virtual light sources
- Support for Universal Scene Description based workflows in Fusion
- 150 other features and updates.
URSA Mini Pro 12K OLPF: Available now for US$6,385.
- New model of the world’s most advanced digital film camera
- Adds a high performance optical low pass filter to the 12K Super 35 image sensor which reduces artefacts such as moire and aliasing, while preserving the colour and critical image detail Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K is renowned for.
- When shooting in virtual production environments, the high frequencies of the LED matrix in video walls can cause problems for ultra sharp modern lenses and high resolution sensors, creating interference patterns. Using an optical low pass filter minimises that interference, which results in a reduction of moire and aliasing. URSA Mini Pro 12K OLPF adds a high performance, optical low pass filter that is precisely matched to the 12K sensor.
Vertical Video Support for Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Cameras: Available now.
- New Camera 8.1 update adds support for shooting vertical aspect ratio video to all Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Cameras.
- Shoots 9:16 vertical aspect ratio for cinematic YouTube and TikTok content creation.
- Allows users to create cinematic vertical video for platforms such as TikTok.
- Adds automatic rotation of the camera’s on screen HUD and automatically tags files as vertical so they display correctly when imported for editing, making it much easier to both shoot and edit vertical content.
DeckLink IP: Available in June from US$345.
- New family of capture and playback PCIe cards for 2110 IP broadcast systems.
- Capture and playback 10-bit uncompressed, broadcast quality video directly into 2110 IP based broadcast systems.
- Supports multiple video channels plus each channel can capture and playback at the same time.
- IP network security since all video is captured and played back using the DeckLink IP’s frame buffers, which act like a video based firewall isolating the ethernet port from anything other than video and audio.
Blackmagic 2110 IP Converter 3x3G: Available in June for US$595.
- Rack mount converter with 10G Ethernet for converting 3G-SDI to SMPTE 2110 IP.
- Can support up to 3 separate 3G-SDI video channels at the same time.
- Each channel has independent inputs and outputs for connecting up to 6 different SDI devices.
- Includes an elegant front panel with a colour LCD for monitoring, menus and diagnostics.
ATEM 4 M/E Constellation 4K: Available in June for US$8995.
- New 4K model combines all the powerful ATEM Constellation HD broadcast features with 40 x 12G-SDI standards converted inputs.
- 40 x 12G-SDI standards converted inputs with support for standards up to Ultra HD 2160p60.
- Features the same powerful features as the ATEM 4 M/E Constellation HD, this new 4K model has 24 x 12G-SDI aux outputs, 16 upstream ATEM advanced chroma keyers, 4 downstream keyers, 4 Ultra HD media players, 2 SuperSource processors and more.
ATEM Television Studio 4K8: Available in July for US$4,595.
- New 12G-SDI live production switcher with built in broadcast panel and support for standards up to 2160p60.
- Live production switcher that combines all the great broadcast features of the ATEM Television Studio HD with additional support for Ultra HD standards up to 2160p60.
- Features 8 standards converted 12G-SDI inputs, 10 x 12G-SDI aux outputs for external recorders and a 4 port 10G Ethernet switch.
- It also supports live streaming, talkback and optional internal network storage as well as a joystick for precise DVE control.