Canon Europe has announced increased CODEC support with additional XF-AVC and MP4 recording options and HDR support for high frame rate shooting for the XF705, via a firmware update – providing improved workflow, ease-of-use and creative flexibility. The updates will offer further versatility for videographers within the broadcast industry:
- The additional XF-AVC CODEC recording modes enable compatibility within broadcast and news workflows, with 50i supported in Full HD.
- 4K: 3840×2160 29.97p/ 23.98p/ 25p.
- Full HD: 1920×1080 120P/ 100p/ 59.94i/ 50i.
- MP4 recording is supported for quickly capturing and sharing content – meeting the requirements of any user who needs to capture video within a streamlined production workflow.
- Full HD: 1920×1080 59.94P/ 29.97p/ 23.98p/ 50p/ 25p.
- 720p: 1280×720 59.94P.
- HDR support for XF-HEVC FHD, for high frame rate shooting with Hybrid Log Gamma and Perceptual Quantisation, has been added – recording at 1920 x 1080 120p/ 100p.
Additional updates for the XF705 include:
- Advanced ethernet support via IP streaming and FTP transfer.
- Browser Remote Control connection via Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
- 720/60P HD-SDI 4:2:2 output.
- Advanced zoom operation and image quality improved.
- Pull-down 60p signal to 24p/30p (SDI signal out only).
- Key and dial assignments can be changed so that CH1 and CH3 can be levelled with the CH2 audio dial.
- Added monitor CH1/CH3 and CH2/CH4 to the ‘monitor channel’ menu.
- Colour recording in IR mode (requires hardware modification – this is a chargeable service).