Boris FX’s original flagship suite now features over three hundred effects, over forty transitions, and more than five thousand drag-and-drop presets to jumpstart creativity. Host applications include Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, Blackmagic Resolve, Final Cut Pro, Foundry Nuke, and VEGAS Pro.
“It’s more important than ever to produce high-quality results quickly as content needs explode across film and TV, streaming, and social platforms. Continuum 2023 is here to help with hundreds of new professionally designed presets, ten new transitions, a new Atmospheric Glow effect, and more,” says Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder of Boris FX. “Continuum 2023 also contains multiple under-the-hood updates that ensure that time-strapped users work at their most efficient. New onscreen controls significantly speed up effect customisation, and a revamped Particle Illusion interface makes creating 3D particle animations easier than ever before.”
New features include:
- The BCC+Atmospheric Glow effect delivers instant drama, mystery, or nostalgia on otherwise flat scenes. The multi-faceted glow effect produces photoreal results and includes automatic flicker, lens textures, rays, and smoke options.
- The Transitions Unit adds 10 wipes, rolls, and swishes to give editors a rapidly expanding cutting toolkit. Includes BCC+FilmRoll, BCC+SwishPan, BCC+SwishPrism, BCC+SwishGlow, BCC+SwishWarp, BCC+LinearWipe, BCC+RadialWipe, BCC+RectangleWipe, BCC+VignetteWipe, and BCC+TextureWipe.
- Particle Illusion features a significant performance boost with combined calculation and render speed increases of up to 50% depending on OS, hardware, and project specifics. An upgraded interface provides a simplified user experience with easy-to-understand property controls. Additional functionality includes improved 3D model handling.
- Continuum’s popular BCC+FilmGlow effect adds a secondary glow option that enables users to generate multiple independent glows with full control over each element.
- Title Studio adds support for Blackmagic Resolve on Mac and improved handling of missing fonts when moving titles and templates between platforms.
- The BCC+Light effect, which includes over 800 presets, adds a seamless texture option with wrap and reflect properties.
- Continuum 2023 adds 250+ presets to the versatile plugin collection. The curated presets can be used as it or easily customized based on project needs.
- BCC+ filters and transitions are GPU-accelerated on Apple M1, Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD graphics processors, and certain effects can see up to a 50% performance improvement over previous versions.